From: Steve Halford <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [SCIART] TAN: Newly designed camera lucida! damn the torpedoes

I believe the original quote was from Admiral Farragut at the battle of Mobile Bay (1864)
Steve.

Steve Halford ([log in to unmask])
Museum Technician
Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, B.C. Canada               Phone
V5A 1S6                                  778-782-3461

Bruce, You have me there ... I just heard the stories (while growing up) about the torpedoes, and about the German subs prowling off the coast  ... but my mother used that expression all the time.