Hi Anne: I agree. We need to refresh our love of drawing every chance we get. However as a business person - Time is Money - and it's just another tool to get us there faster. I use any tool that will help, but not to the loss of my skills developed over a long time. I can't give those up.  If we foster the love of hand drawing, share it, encourage it, then it will not be lost. There will always be people who use tracing methods and it may become their "style". Even in fine art the frequency in which photos are directly duplicated is common. I deeply believe that those who keep at it, keep drawing, will never lose it, it is up to the individual to nourish it.
A tool is a tool is a tool... they come and go. Drawing Skills Last!

Cheers,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325