As I've said before, I believe having a strong online presence helps you to
protect yourself. Fans are there for support, and importantly, know where
to report abuses *to*.

It's Time for Illustrators to Take Back the
Net<http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/2011/09/09/its-time-for-illustrators-to-take-back-the-net/>
Science Communication's Image
Problem<http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/2013/04/24/science-communication-image-problem/>

Warning: both written by me.