I started to use Carbonite just before they doubled their on line rates.  Also, although nowadays it's really not that much of a problem, one needs to be able to access the internet to use it.  Timing can be everything.  Using a cloud-based service does make it easy for clients to access your work.

For safe keeping (such as there is) I use two 1TB hard drives, and rotate them into a safe-deposit box at a local bank every so often.  Things get stolen, too.  And burnt in house fires.  Oops.  Sorry, Linda.  I remember your previous episode with a canyon fire a couple years ago.  Not fun, and hope you won't be faced with that again this year.  I'll probably update those to 2TB when next I need to buy new drives.