Jeffrey,

Culture is something you really have to experience for yourself.  I've
lived in three different kingdoms and visited a few others, and found
Calontir unique in the openness and friendliness. One thing about Dubuque
is that it is very easy to visit different kingdoms--Madison is in
Northshield, or you can visit the group in the Quad Cities (Dark River)
which is in the Midrealm. Both are an easy drive from Dubuque.

--Tace