There is an Autocratting 101 Compleat Anachronist available through the
Stock Clerk that is a good resource.

That aside, I'm a big fan of having co-stewards. The times I've been in
that spot, it worked very well...especially if you have one focused on the
site/logistics and the other on the people/communication. That and the
biggest key is regular communication with the event staff and the hosting
group...definitely cuts down on last minute surprises and helps keep
momentum up.

The other thing with putting a checklist together is if it's a local event
(and if you're mirroring something done in the past or doing something
completely new)...or if it's a Kingdom event with a preset structure. The
great thing with the Kingdom events is that it does already come with the
structure already built in, so you can focus more on the logistics than
trying to come up with ideas of things to do. Just need to make sure for
Kingdom events that you have the expectations of the Crown (from their
chamberlain).

Jibra'il.