-----Original Message-----
From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stefan li Rous
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Nocino
I'm not sure when walnuts are ripe, but I think in the fall, not during this
time. So, to me this implies green walnuts. Also this recipe doesn't say
whether the nuts are peeled or not. The "To check for the right consistency,
prick the walnut with a pin or cut it through the middle with a knife." also
implies that these are green walnuts. Ever tried to prick a ripe, hardened
walnut shell???

Later