On 7/17/2013 3:48 PM, Duane wrote:
> Site insurance and equestrian insurance are two different animals.  Eq
> insurance is supplemental insurance that only covers liability from
> equestrian activities.  You need both to have an event with horses at it.

It has been a while since I read up on this in great detail. I
think I still have it right.

The SCA carries many kinds of insurance, and all but ONE of those
insurances automatically applies to events.  The exception is
equestrian, and I'll get to that in a minute.

Any time you run an event, the event is covered.  You may want to
print the SCA's "proof of insurance" and show it to sites if they
demand it.  If they don't, don't bother.

There is a thing which some sites require, called a "certificate
of insurance".  That is something which a site might require before
renting to you.  What THAT does, is for a limited time and place,
it covers THAT location as if it was a part of the SCA.  Since that
actually increases the risk to the SCA, as well as the general
expense to the event, you don't want to offer it or provide it
unless they ask.

The Equestrian insurance plan does not cover events automatically,
but can cover them for a specified place and time if forms are
filled out in advance, and a fee is paid.  Unless you plan to
host an event with horses, you'll never need it.

Please correct my memory if I am in error.