Thank you.

One thing I was wondering about from the second link was whether they meant "green" walnuts, not just "walnuts".

They say "They must also be picked, in accordance with tradition, around the
time of the feast of St. John the Baptist (24th June), or within the period June 6-24.".

I'm not sure when walnuts are ripe, but I think in the fall, not during this time. So, to me this implies green walnuts. Also this recipe doesn't say whether the nuts are peeled or not. The "To check for the right consistency, prick the walnut with a pin or cut it through the middle with a knife." also implies that these are green walnuts. Ever tried to prick a ripe, hardened walnut shell???

Later on some of the messages in this thread do specify "green walnuts".  You often see green walnuts specified in other medieval recipes, so they weren't uncommon. However today I'm not sure where you can buy green walnuts.

Stefan