Richard Pryor had a bit about visiting Africa, and giving a car ride to a tribesman.  Pryor described his reaction to the local's less-washed-than-modern-Amercan body odor as, "They're my people, but @;&$!", while the tribesman was clearly thinking, "Oh my god, THE COLOGNE!". Pryor indicated that both suffered in polite silence and both were glad to part company.

Jenna