The SCA's insurance covers events. Nothing else is needed.

If the site wants to be named as an "additional insured" (which really
isn't needed about 99.99% of the time), then you have to order a
certificate. That costs $50 per

If you need "proof of insurance", that's free, email Renee.

Well...Patrick really

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013, at 03:01 PM, Eowyth ža Sišend  wrote:
> Right - I get that (as an equestrian marshal who has run multiple
> equestrian events, believe me - I know...)
> However, it's not very clear from any of the paperwork whether or not a
> request form should be sent in for the _general liability_ insurance or
> not. Per the Society's Seneschal handbook, it would seem that a request
> for
> _general_ insurance is not needed.
> However, the "explanation" on the Society Insurance page seems to
> indicate
> that it IS needed.
> Is the insurance activated when the event is approved by the Reeve? Is
> the
> insurance just a 24/365 policy? Is there something that needs to be done
> for the regular general liability insurance...
> So basically - as a regular event steward, have you ever sent in a
> general
> liability (NOT NAMING an additional insured) insurance request in?
> If not, great! Answers my question. ;-)
> In Service,
> Eowyth

Patrick Anderson
[log in to unmask]
"No matter how much you feed the wolf,
he keeps looking at the forest." --Ilse Lehiste