Yep. See this Florilegium file:
pickled-eggs-msg (16K) 5/21/13 Period pickled eggs. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pickled-eggs-msg.html

Eggs will also keep a surprisingly long time, simply in their shells. Longer if you keep them covered in the goop they are covered in right out of the hen. So fresh eggs will keep through Pennsic if you keep them in their shells and keep them cool.

The "fresh" eggs you buy in the grocery stores are often much older than you think. In fact, fresh hardboiled eggs are often harder to peel than ones that were older before boiling them.

egg-storage-msg (24K) 2/ 1/12 Period and modern raw egg storage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/egg-storage-msg.html

Stefan

--------
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris