I just want to add a few words. People:  If you ask for a ride to an event,
either offer gas money, at least what it would cost to fill up the tank
half-way. Pay for a meal, or at least be a pleasant traveling companion.
Remember, maybe they were going anyway, but what would it have cost you for
a bus ticket there?  If they refuse the cash, do something nice for them at
a later time. When your ride wants to leave, get ready to leave. Buy them
lunch, or drive-through on the way home.  If there is a crash space, bring
a gift, or sing a song, or make yourself inconspicuous or helpful.  Bring
the things you are going to need, so your host/hostess does not have to
scurry for them.  Don't smoke in the house you are crashing in.  Don't be a
prima-donna, wanting special treatment, foods, or other things.  Bring it
yourself, if you need it.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Stefan li Rous <[log in to unmask]