Ditto.  I know we have always appreciate any thoughtful gesture.  Which includes respecting a hosts schedule for coming and going.  A lot of times the local folks are very involved in running the event.

Contributions for breakfast are good.  Picking up after yourself is also good.  If we were ever crashing somewhere we knew there were going to be a lot of folks we would bring a 4-pack of toilet paper :).

Liriel

From: Mark Schuldenfrei <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] first time sca event coronation

On 7/15/2013 11:55 PM, Jennifer Moody wrote:
> I have always wondered what appropriate gifts are to give the people,
> sometimes whom you have never meet before, who generously share their
> homes. Any suggestions?

It is my very private and personal opinion that ANYTHING will
do.

I think such small gifts (they should be modest) are important
because they are a sign and assurance of a polite and
pleased guest: it isn't about "what did you give me"?

For any one item, the choice may be imperfect.  But the thought
is never imperfect.

    Tibor