Site insurance and equestrian insurance are two different animals.  Eq insurance is supplemental insurance that only covers liability from equestrian activities.  You need both to have an event with horses at it.


Take care,



From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eowyth ža Sišend
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CALONTIR] Running an Event


Greetings all!


I've done just a quick search on the Calontir page, as well is in Stefan's Florilegium, but I was wondering if there were any other 'cheat sheets', if you will, of event checklists for event stewards?

Some questions include:
Is the insurance for general liability activated when one sends in an equestrian insurance request, or should there be 2 requests sent in (and should they be sent in separately)?

What are the most common crew chief positions? (This question is asked as a way to double-check that nothing has been forgotten, such as port-a-pottie patrol & the like.)

And others. So - do you have a 'cheat sheet' for yourself? Is there one online that you've found helpful? Many thanks for your answers!


In Service,


THL Eowyth ža Sišend