Thank you all for your quick and very helpful comments, the contract
has this entire agreement clause:

ENTIRE AGREEMENT.  This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and
understanding between the parties and shall not be modified, altered,
changed or amended in any respect, unless in writing and signed by
both parties.

So I'm not sure a separate contract would work?  I am trying one more
time to get him to include the terms in the contract before
approaching the subject of signing two contracts.

Laura