-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens Britt Griswold
Verzonden: maandag 22 juli 2013 16:45
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: [SCIART] make an estimate for an illustration.

Mieke,

Let me make sure I understand the situation:

You made illustrations for a magazine (onetime use).  You then resold the
full rights to the images to a second company.

Logic might suggest you want to get at least an equal amount out of the art
as you made from the first images (assuming similar time investment on your
part)

Magazine price + buyout price.  The justification is that this buyout is an
exclusive, images have not been used by anyone else. Are you worried they
will balk at the higher price?

Is that what is giving you problems, or is it the different style you
mentioned?

Britt Griswold
http://www.science-art.com
Manager