Linda: I use brop-box with one publishers formating person and I never questioned the speed. Never been a problem. What is your concern?

Nest

Ann

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Jul 23, 2013 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Question about Dropbox

Hi All:

I have the free 2GB service from Dropbox.

Recently I uploaded some WIP files to my Photos folder, in order to have some sort of backup during a thunderstorm. My regular backup drives are still off site.

It took a long while to upload. BUT, when I realized that I had not "copied" the files, but "moved" the files to DropBox, I wanted them back.
I dragged them back, and they came back INSTANTLY. No dowload time. I went to the instructions, to see if they were just aliases, or something. Couldn't really find an answer.

The files are back on my hard drive, functional. But: Why does it take no time at all to bring them back. Scary. Sounds like something is wrong.

Thanks!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325