-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Linda Ann Vorobik
Sent: Tuesday, 30 July 2013 10:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Processing pen and ink stippled illustrations -
whiter substrate

Hi all, I missed the original discussion, but thought I would weigh in
just in case:

I love strathmore 500 series drawing paper 1 ply, and trace over my
composition with a light table that I have built in to my drafting
table.

I scan at 1200 dpi as a BitMap file, thus avoiding having to worry about
grey background.

For web postings, I reduce dpi (or ppi if you want to be fussy about
terminology) and save as JPG.

To submit to journals, I provide a 1200 dpi TIF file, but reduce the
size of the image to fit the width of the journal publishing the
illustration.

lav
link to detail of inked drawing at:
http://vorobikbotanicalart.com/Psyc%20INK%20Det.html

--
Linda Ann Vorobik, PhD Botanist, Botanical Artist
www.VorobikBotanicalArt.com, blogging at:

Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
instructions at

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.

Please note: the Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and the Arts carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable. All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Departmental Policies. Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless authorised or required by Departmental Policy and/or law.