Yes, it's just as hard to use as a real one! You have to take a photo to trace from though. So we will just give people a taste of what we do with a microscope one. I'll show people how to trace and ink in too. we are just using photographic printing paper as cheap demo surface. I bought some little number 2 scraper nibs and found they are no longer sharpened, just stamped out of flat metal. I spent over an hour hand sharpening eight of them on fine wet and dry sandpaper last night. The genuine Essdee ones look like they are still ground but these are Scratch-Art USA SK-2, which used to be OK.
http://www.essdee.co/product.aspx?cat=cutters&code=S12/2
They come up fine if you know how to sharpen them but most novices would not know what to do.
Cheers,
Geoff