Hi Geoff:
I bought a bunch of the Scratch-art USA-SK-1s to give out in class to introduce folks to scratchboard. They were incredibly disappointing, just pop metal, horrible edge. A beaver could have made a cleaner incised line. At the time, I couldn't find online the regular SpeedBall or Hunt #2s, which are a higher grade metal and finish. I now use, and hand out to students, #16 X-acto blades. Trudy Nicholson turned me on to those a few years back at a demo at the GNSI conference. They work great, and  the tips don't break to the pressure than the standard #11 blades.

I hope your talk and demo went really well!
Cheers,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325