From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
Sent:Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:24:58 -0700
Subject:Re: [SCIART] a little news of my own

Hi Geoff:I bought a bunch of the Scratch-art USA-SK-1s to give out in
class to introduce folks to scratchboard. They were incredibly
disappointing, just pop metal, horrible edge. A beaver could have made
a cleaner incised line. At the time, I couldn't find online the
regular SpeedBall or Hunt #2s, which are a higher grade metal and
finish I now use, and hand out to students, #16 X-acto blades. Trudy
Nicholson turned me on to those a few years back at a demo at the GNSI
conference. They work great, and  the tips don't break to the
pressure than the standard #11 blades.
I hope your talk and demo went really well!Cheers,Linda
 _____________________Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538www.lindafeltner.com [1]