Congratulations, Geoff! It sounds absolutely fantastic! What a great, great evening!
Rest well!

Yes! I ground down the bad #2points with a whetstone. Then threw them out as too much work! I don't do much stippling, didn't do it too well with the #2 blades anyways, always made a little triangle, instead of a dot. But nowadays there are so many new tools out that scratchboard artists use. Wire brushes that make a grayscale drawing. I was brought up with a clean black and white incised line as the preferred technique, but now with scanning, the grayscale technique has hit the market like a rocket! And also coloration on scratchboard.  I'm still old school with clean lines, but recently completed a graphite on Claybord that I'm very pleased with. I didn't scratch in grayscale, but the used the graphite and smudged it along with hard lines, then scraped the white areas. I was very pleased with the look. I'll try that again.

Cheers,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325