From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
Sent:Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:42:52 -0700
Subject:Re: [SCIART] a little news of my own

Congratulations, Geoff! It sounds absolutely fantastic! What a great,
great evening! Rest well!
Yes! I ground down the bad #2points with a whetstone. Then threw them
out as too much work! I don't do much stippling, didn't do it too well
with the #2 blades anyways, always made a little triangle, instead of
a dot. But nowadays there are so many new tools out that scratchboard
artists use. Wire brushes that make a grayscale drawing. I was
brought up with a clean black and white incised line as the preferred
technique, but now with scanning, the grayscale technique has hit the
market like a rocket! And also coloration on scratchboard.  I'm still
old school with clean lines, but recently completed a graphite on
Claybord that I'm very pleased with. I didn't scratch in grayscale,
but the used the graphite and smudged it along with hard lines, then
scraped the white areas. I was very pleased with the look. I'll try
that again.
Cheers,Linda
 _____________________Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
PO. Box 325