Geoff,

I think the clay coating is called baryta, and paper like that for classy
magazines used to be produced at mills here in Maine.  Not certain it's
made here anymore since most of the mills have closed down or moved
overseas.  It might be available from a printing company, which is often
the best way to test a new paper.  Or buy a quantity of same without
needing a credit card.  There are two printers in town here that would sell
small batches of paper to locals.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com