I've found that folks with low budgets tend to be most concerned that they never have to pay royalties. Generally, after making my best first impression, I tell them truthfully that I'm able to keep costs down by drawing on my own library of imagery and adding to it with each project, and that I'd love to apply that to their project so that they can get what they want. I tell them that they get a perpetual, fully-paid license to reuse the image or animation in any media, but that I also get the same license and can reuse its non-proprietary parts (not the whole) in future work and for portfolio. If they must have work for hire, I write into the contract that they grant me  the right to re-use and re-license the work. Same effect. So far so good. (But for 1k they'll get a heap of stock photography and images I've already made in the past).

Cameron