I'm rather surprised at the quoted rates.  I'm not being a crank, but I was paid $175 for a photo of a mimosa flower to be used in a biology text.....25 years ago.  If the prices haven't changed in that time period, I'm wondering how anyone makes a living at this anymore.  That's a serious question, and I repeat:  I'm not being a crank.