P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538

On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Mieke Roth wrote:

it depends on the camera, I think. Because I have never heard of a portable hard drive working properly without a computer of some sort, the camera must function as one. have you checekd what happens if it is uploading to "something"? Since photo's have a unique number, if the camera is indeed uploading it to your hard drive, you don't have anything to worry about.

Mieke

P.S. if there are pc's or laptops available at the conference, you might want to think about a dropbox account or something equivalent. that will do the trick also. Or just consider it as a fail save.
Van: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens Linda Feltner
Verzonden: maandag 1 juli 2013 18:03
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: [SCIART] TAN? Advice on uploading photos to portable hard drive

This may be a bit off-topic, but someone may know.

I'm trying to avoid taking my laptop to the conference. I can get online through my Kindle. It does not take pictures, and  I have no smart phone.
Normally I would upload my photographs to my laptop. Is there a way to upload to a portable hard drive (I just bought it) from the camera without any computer in between? I would normally see where the images are in the folder, know they were there, then clear the camera card. But without a computer how does one do that? The camera just says it's uploading to "something".

Thanks,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325