It was great meeting you Natalya, and missed you at the conference Emily!

I agree with Emily. But, I think you are being generous with the three year exclusive use of the work, and that's fine, it's reassuring to the client. If it's a single-use license or a first-use license (having a hard time coming up with the exact word right now, still jet-lagged) and NOT work for hire, then they should not have the right to veto or screen or approve ANY future licensing of the work. That's what it's all about.
 I comprehend their reservations to seeing the work they paid for in another venue, but ...... they are getting a good price for this limited licensing.

Very Important to understand who you are contracting with, the exhibits designer or the institution. No matter who pays you, it should be clear in the contract who you are licensing to. I have licensed to the institution, but am paid as a subcontractor from the design firm.

Not sure about the question of Licensing the figures? do you mean registering a copyright? Depends on who owns the artwork copyright.

I'm glad you enjoyed the conference. Hope to see you next year.

Best,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325