From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Linda Feltner
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Question about Dropbox

Hi All:
I have the free 2GB service from Dropbox.

Recently I uploaded some WIP files to my Photos folder, in order to have some sort of backup during a thunderstorm. My regular backup drives are still off site.

It took a long while to upload. BUT, when I realized that I had not "copied" the files, but "moved" the files to DropBox, I wanted them back.
I dragged them back, and they came back INSTANTLY. No dowload time. I went to the instructions, to see if they were just aliases, or something. Couldn't really find an answer.

The files are back on my hard drive, functional. But: Why does it take no time at all to bring them back. Scary. Sounds like something is wrong.

Thanks!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325