Hi Cameron and thank you for the clarification.

Dropbox never removes files from your computer unless you tell it to stop syncing, at which point they will be deleted from your hard drive, only living online (this can be changed in the settings so that you keep a folder even after you stop syncing it).

I'm looking for this feature right now in my Account Settings. I can't find any such choice.

If you quit the Dropbox service, does that constitute "tell it to stop syncing"...." at which point they will be deleted from your hard drive". HUH?

I'm reading up on syncing now. There are a couple of types, apparently. One is when you upload a file, another is syncing files between computers. and Selective Sync a feature that allows you to select only the folders you want to be synced. I'll keep reading.....

Also, if you stop syncing a folder and don't have the settings keep a copy on your computer, and then you want the folder back, you may have to wait to let it download again.
Cameron
Wait..for what? DB still has the files somewhere?

Thanks for helping my learning curve.
It is a red flag to me to hear that there is a choice I should know about. Then, if I don't attend to it, I could lose files from my computer.

Reading on now....

Super thanks,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC