I am saying that a 100 lb weight lifted 15 ft in the air will have 1500 ft-lbs of energy in it.  That's it, no more.  If I am pumping a bellows 1 foot with 100 lbs of force which is about how hard I estimate were leaning on Guillumes bellows because I am using most of my weight then there is enough energy in the weight to pump the bellows 15 times.  ( This assumes there is no friction, and the bellows magically open and fill themselves with air.)  The bellows are being pumped through there cycle about every 5 seconds.  If the above weight system were used  the machinery would be doing fantastic if it worked for a whole minute which is not practical for a process that may take an hour or more.    Escapements can be made to  control how fast that happens assuming the weight and its mechanisms are pumping too  fast.  They will also use up some of the energy in the process.   What I am unclear on is how much energy the escapement uses.  It could be small say 5%.  It could also be very large like 90%.