Greetings AFEE,

conference organizers to ask about the availability of rooms in Loews.

I was told

a) Loews was booked within 30 minutes.
b) there are no more blocks of rooms available in Loews
c) We should not expect things to be different next year.

I did ask if there was some method of deciding how many rooms to book in
each hotel, and was told the AEA tried to book as many rooms as they
could in the main conference hotels, and if necessary, will bring
additional hotels into the process on an ongoing basis.

I'm left wondering - how many economists does it take to estimate the
number of hotel rooms needed for a conference?

Sincerely,

Eric Hake

--

*Eric R. Hake*

***Associate Professor, Economics
Department Chair, Business & Economics
Secretary, Association For Evolutionary Economics*

CATAWBA COLLEGE*
*/Scholarship. Character.  Culture.  Service./

2300 W. Innes St. Salisbury, NC 28144
704-637-4293
704-637-4491 (fax)