From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Eric Hake [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [AFEEMAIL] AFEE at ASSA Registration & Loew Hotel Room

Greetings AFEE,

I was told

a) Loews was booked within 30 minutes.
b) there are no more blocks of rooms available in Loews
c) We should not expect things to be different next year.

I did ask if there was some method of deciding how many rooms to book in each hotel, and was told the AEA tried to book as many rooms as they could in the main conference hotels, and if necessary, will bring additional hotels into the process on an ongoing basis.

I'm left wondering - how many economists does it take to estimate the number of hotel rooms needed for a conference?

Sincerely,

Eric Hake