The Egyptians also produced ice with flat wooden trays elevated a few
inches off the ground and exposed to the night sky. In between very dry air
and the rapid radiation of a desert environment, they could put 2 pounds of
water in a tray at sundown and harvest a pound of ice in the morning.
Important people had dozens of these trays and night stewards who would
operate them as part of their duties.
No evidence of ice cream,perhaps, but snowcones for Pharaoh wouldn't be out
of line.

TOCD, Aggregator of Useless Knowledge