I'll be there with Shrewsbury cakes and liqueurs from Theron.

-Gwyneth

From: Historical Recreation in Mag Mor [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Judy Thiem
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MAGMOR] Octoberfest

I should be able to be there. Also I actually have mead.

Sabi

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Eric & Opal Doerr
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi, Mag Mor.
Octoberfest (or OctoBeerfest) is on Thursday, October 10, at the Lancaster
Co Event Center.  Because that's the same day I'll be having shoulder
surgery, neither Volkmar nor I will be able to attend.  Can someone please
help coordinate this demo?  I'm happy to share all I know about it.

*	Jim Krysl is the contact (402-730-8755 <tel:%28402-730-8755>
*	We should plan to show up as soon after 4:30 pm as possible to get
set up.  There's a VIP hour (people who pay to get in early) from 5:30 to
6:30 pm

.         Here's the info from the event center calendar:

o    Nebraska Stroke Okto Beer Fest

Location: Pavilion I
Benefit for the Nebraska State Stroke Association
VIP 5:30-6:30pm
Beer Tasting Food Sampling Silent Auction
6:30-9:30pm

*	4100 N. 84th Street, Lincoln, Ne 68507

*	Last year we had Shrewsbury cake and gingerbrede samples along with
the wine, liqueur, mead, etc samples.  We still have lots of recipe cards
stapled to baronial business cards. I'll make gingerbrede samples, Gwyneth
said she'd make the Shrewsbury cake samples. I've also still got lots of
those little paper cups for sampling.
*	We tried to have a few other crafts visible at the table, and --
hopefully -- fighting and/or dancing and/or music for the stage area at 7
pm.  Ceiling height is NOT a problem! The stage may be smallish for
fighting, but -- with a couple of constables -- there's space in front of
the stage that worked well in the past.
*	There will be plenty of free food there from many, many booths, so
anyone helping with the demo can just plan on eating supper there.

Please contact me if you can attend -- I'll pass that information along to
whoever ends up coordinating that day.

-- Isadora

--

Judy Thiem