It is on our calendar. We will likely be a bit getting there, closer to 5.
Felix

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Tablet

-------- Original message --------
From: Eric & Opal Doerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2013/09/24  11:50 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Octoberfest

Hi, Mag Mor.
Octoberfest (or OctoBeerfest) is on Thursday, October 10, at the Lancaster Co Event Center.  Because that's the same day I'll be having shoulder surgery, neither Volkmar nor I will be able to attend.  Can someone please help coordinate this demo?  I'm happy to share all I know about it.
Jim Krysl is the contact (402-730-8755),[log in to unmask]
We should plan to show up as soon after 4:30 pm as possible to get set up.  There's a VIP hour (people who pay to get in early) from 5:30 to 6:30 pm
Here's the info from the event center calendar:
Nebraska Stroke Okto Beer Fest
Location: Pavilion I

                Benefit for the Nebraska State Stroke Association

                VIP 5:30-6:30pm

                Beer Tasting Food Sampling Silent Auction

                6:30-9:30pm

4100 N. 84th Street,
                Lincoln, Ne 68507
Last year we had Shrewsbury cake and gingerbrede samples along with the wine, liqueur, mead, etc samples.  We still have lots of recipe cards stapled to baronial business cards. I'll make gingerbrede samples, Gwyneth said she'd make the Shrewsbury cake samples. I've also still got lots of those little paper cups for sampling.
We tried to have a few other crafts visible at the table, and -- hopefully -- fighting and/or dancing and/or music for the stage area at 7 pm.  Ceiling height is NOT a problem! The stage may be smallish for fighting, but -- with a couple of constables -- there's space in front of the stage that worked well in the past.
There will be plenty of free food there from many, many booths, so anyone helping with the demo can just plan on eating supper there.
Please contact me if you can attend -- I'll pass that information along to whoever ends up coordinating that day.
-- Isadora