The Egyptians also produced ice with flat wooden trays elevated a few inches off the ground and exposed to the night sky. In between very dry air and the rapid radiation of a desert environment, they could put 2 pounds of water in a tray at sundown and harvest a pound of ice in the morning. Important people had dozens of these trays and night stewards who would operate them as part of their duties.
No evidence of ice cream,perhaps, but snowcones for Pharaoh wouldn't be out of line.

TOCD, Aggregator of Useless Knowledge