Oh.  Sorry.  I forgot to mention that there are commercial outfits with
(comparatively) humongous scanners that can convert large pieces into
digital.  Others on the list will give some references here.

But you didn't say how large you wanted to scan, nor what resolution your
clients prefer.  Scans of large artwork, especially in layers, can add up
to very large files that you could only transfer on a CD.

Cheers,