Carolyn, the photo was pirated, not mine.  I changed the color (rather,
umm, quickly) in Photoshop.  It was a somewhat subdued red, not a flaming
color.  I used this caterpillar (which is the larval form of the moth
called the Hebrew due to the black markings on the imago's white wings that
appear to be Hebrew characters) because it most resembled the one I was
holding in basic structure.

I never saw what it was chomping on, as my grandson found the caterpillar
and brought it to me to see.  The animal crawled like most caterpillars,
i.e., it didn't loop or move like an inch-worm.  It was about an inch and a
half long.

Thanks,

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM, carolyn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> **
> How big is the critter and what kind of plant is it on?  Did you see it
> moving? Could you see its legs or did it just move without you being able
> to see them? I can

nstein