A quick follow-up. Mary Nucci replied: "absolutely--which is why the list
is not exhaustive,
hope to see a submission!"

So, go for it, scientific illustrators! I can assure you that there are
lots of historians of science and medicine who would be very interested in
seeing your first-hand accounts, with illustrations, of how you approached
a  project.

With apologies for the klutzy forwarding/typing of the original message --
dealing with email and a brandnew grandchild really needs 4 hands.

 Karen  9/9/2013

======

FWd Call for papers for a special issue of Science Communication:
Communicating= science visually in the digital age