I have a portable jobbie like the one Britt mentioned, and about that
cost.  I bought it to load programs into my netbook?  It works quite well
and powers off the USB port.  You shouldn't have any trouble finding one.
The one I bought is by I/O Magic, but there's many others.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Britt Griswold
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Apple makes a portable CD/DVD burner/reader that retails for $79. Requires
> no brick, use off the USB port power.  If you want to burn the newer
> Blu-ray disks for data storage (25GB a disk) there are a number of choices
> there, apple does not sell one of those.
>
> Britt

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com