Thanks Britt and Bruce!

The Epson 11000XL is the one I'm eye-balling, Britt. I hear you on the great resolution of photo scanners, but I've been frustrated with the constraints of an 8.5 x 11" scan bed for a while, and even though 12 x 17" isn't massive, it'd make my life much nicer.

Bruce, thanks for the reminder on file size - it's definitely something to consider and I'm fully aware of how cumbersome ultra high-res documents can be to work with. Most clients are happy with 300dpi, but I have one now that is requesting 1200 (the original artwork will be a series of illos that are only about 5 x 5" a piece, and the primary use is likely at scale, or smaller, but they will also need to use them down the road for large scale display, and a 5 x 5" piece won't scale nearly large enough without the extra dpi).

Looks like Christmas will be coming early to my studio this year. ;)

-Natalya