My latest newsletter:

/News from Linda: Botany & Botanical Art/

Balsamorrhiza deltoidea watercolor by Vorobik
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si1g9tffDs8IlYepMrEKbOao825VyTZ0WNco87eGcuZQWQe6_qJ1aEgb5q-bbIz4o2v1VN8MPLcKvMzqMpa4JbU1hx8Fa8yT7QhvpGoUY_ic4yRIf9xS_py-Ts-gRzlvGTwUPPDVZYogYQ==>

Balsamroot, copyright Vorobik

Updates from Linda: botanical news and notes, new artwork

September 19th, 2013

*To Inform and Amuse:*
Show of Silks at Lopez Center <#LETTER.BLOCK11>
Upcoming Workshops <#LETTER.BLOCK23>
Botanical Art in Hawaii <#LETTER.BLOCK19>
Art at Lakedale Resort <#LETTER.BLOCK22>
PayPal on Website <#LETTER.BLOCK12>

**
*To my friends, students, and clients:*
//
/Here comes autumn, and I am ready for these golden days, where weather
outside makes work inside more a delight than a chore.../
/Think about extending your summer: join me in Kona, Hawaii for a
botanical art workshop, very affordable, you provide your own lodging./
*Please note:*
/If for any reason you wish to unsubscribe, see below & my apologies for
any inconvenience./

null
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si0XpwGwzbLs18QM_l0eBPxwkpP-baHnVSB13AeHAscRkTVl0pU7nWn_iwab0wIi-eZaCVMxOA-xF25adeQ8NPNdppjBfhXYw4525jV82wofODLyb-s7RcoYKYx7-BQvU5UShbnnmKP4uA==>
*Show Opening Reception, Friday Sept 20th, Lopez Center, 5-7 pm*

Five silk panels inspired by natural wetlands at Lopez Artist Guild
Show, Lopez Center, with "birds on silk" scarves and walling hangings by
Linda Vorobik. Refreshments served at opening; please join us! Show runs
through October 29th.

This show includes all 5 approx 2 by 8 foot silk panels (wall hangings)
created in support of increasing public appreciation of natural
wetlands. The image to the left shows two of the silk panels. Fifty
percent of the proceeds of sales of these panels will benefit Kwiáht,
whose mission is "science for stewardship: working with Indian tribes
and local communities to protect and restore ecosystems, and conducting
scientific research that strengthens good stewardship of cultural and
biological resources in the San Juan Archipelago."

Linda is joined by other artists who have also created artwork for this
project. In addition, 35% of proceeds of sale of "Birds on Silk" will be
donated to the Lopez Island History Museum.

Vorobik Botanical Art workshop participant
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si0XpwGwzbLs18QM_l0eBPxwkpP-baHnVSB13AeHAscRkTVl0pU7nWn_iwab0wIi-eZaCVMxOA-xF25adeQ8NPNdppjBfhXYw4525jV82wofODLyb-s7RcoYKYx7-BQvU5UShbnnmKP4uA==>
*Botanical Art Workshop in Seattle Sept. 29-30, and more....*

    Still a couple of spaces left; contact David Giblin
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information.

/AND..../

    October 21-25, 6-9 pm: Botanical Art workshop in Kona, Hawaii.

November 2, 9-4 pm: Silk Painting workshop in Seattle, WA.

November 8-10: Mushroom painting workshop at Point Reyes, CA.

/For more information about other upcoming shows and events, see Linda's
Workshops and Shows
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si3tJRfZytalqx0Rl5sBO9VAQ39fcwuaILmusXBMyTjq7YiOcwjR4k3boa4JCTmI2NOCQvnc3HhfVOpy-3d7N5Gl4qih0lA9nYZUQevaZWKGAyLYfxxaYWCDNXP8tuC-5HjRxsSyGTNYiA==>
web page./

Medley of Oncidiinae Orchid Painting by Vorobik
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si1-DEJ1pHSCyv-YSHF1z6zmnu4TCUCTYZQl5vDtq5oKgh22lnRcOVuEs3Mlw5ALJK65Xa_YIPmjdyqipjsNS5s7DuQo07nvme3IMvLAIpmn4iGfMlhSShhA-aiKCmTEzs_5xB1YbZ86ew==>
*Botanical Art in Hawaii: Get your flight now when you can get a better
deal and extend your summer!*
*JUST ADDED*, October 21-25, 6-9 pm. Fee: $200. An Introduction to
Botanical Art. Society for Kona's Education and Art, Big Island, Hawaii.
Learn the basics for creating botanical illustrations from professional
botanist, botanical illustrator, and instructor, Dr. Linda Ann Vorobik.
Linda, through demonstrations and informal talks, introduces
participants to drawing skills, parts of the plant, what botanical
illustration is when defined precisely, and watercolor techniques as
used for painting plant portraits. Many orchids and other Hawaiian
plants will be available to work from. Participants will be encouraged
to take the information presented to make their art better in the way
that works best for them.
    The workshop consists of five 3-hour sessions, each with about 1
hour of instruction and 2 hours of drawing and painting, and a friendly
and supportive critique. The first session of the workshop begins
participant introductions, then a review and explanation of all art
media used, followed by demonstrations of drawing techniques used to
create pencil drawings for watercolors. The second session will go over
pen & ink supplies and techniques, followed by an introduction to
watercolor. Session 3 focuses on watercolor technique, and Session 4
focuses on individual instruction and requested demonstrations.
    Linda has much experience in guiding participants to further their
own goals, while at the same time introducing new tips and techniques,
and helping participants select a goal that is appropriate for their
skill level, so that they can complete as much work as possible within
the workshop. She encourages each individual to participate in the
learning process: we all have so much to share and contribute. For more
information, email Linda at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Vorobik Maidenhair Silk Scarf
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si1-DEJ1pHSCyv-YSHF1z6zmnu4TCUCTYZQl5vDtq5oKgh22lnRcOVuEs3Mlw5ALJK65Xa_YIPmjdyqipjsNS5s7DuQo07nvme3IMvLAIpmn4iGfMlhSShhA-aiKCmTEzs_5xB1YbZ86ew==>
*Linda's Botanical Art and Silk Scarves now on San Juan Island*
I just returned from a really amazing place on San Juan Island, Lakedale
Resort
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si1aYd5dmEtU4JACRSJkouLAobR0qfi05jVCYgOLk4TvxIzNL-sU5cl1b6KcJr99ST_HCNO2M9gUytDC163twk2RTm3rB2rDGvNtDc9THYBsJg==>.
They specialize in a comfortable and beautiful lodging or camping
experience. If I didn't already live in the San Juan Islands I would
want to stay there!
I dropped off some of my botanical art and silk scarves for sale in
their Lodge Store; we are also discussing holding a botancial art
workshop there in April of 2013. Contact me at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you would be intersted in attending; or if
you live local or visiting San Juan, stop by to see my art!

*PayPal on Website*
/Purchase botanical art on www. VorobikBotanicalArt.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si2RMcoGs_ah5CzODcG0WiNzk5_-ANeKJV0Q5o8gnYchc_T0G7sYQSRCWgeb1QyiUjYCDIoI59JN23oPAfZqql-Zwf7T_YCOsCMMbupY5MpGedZ7-vPcvLz14V-2MjlYFsk=> with
PayPal! Go to the gallery page, click on an image you like, and voila,
PayPal buttons. Notecards, prints, and some originals available; silk
scarves to be posted soon./

*Upcoming Events*
/See the workshop page of www.VorobikBotancalArt.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si3tJRfZytalqx0Rl5sBO9VAQ39fcwuaILmusXBMyTjq7YiOcwjR4k3boa4JCTmI2NOCQvnc3HhfVOpy-3d7N5Gl4qih0lA9nYZUQevaZWKGAyLYfxxaYWCDNXP8tuC-5HjRxsSyGTNYiA==>
for a list of upcoming workshops, shows, demonstrations, fieldtrips,
lectures, and other events. /

*Closing Thought....*
/
//
//We inspire each other to improve, thus our condition on earth is
better...//
/
/
/

CONTACT:
Linda Ann Vorobik
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si3V7OyPXmf4Ywfr_LD0kccZbz8ECXr34naGRvSpwDDLWZz4C9vTw11pMinXh4oYMQr3TKyKSMYkT_eABbwVQNCyOlLsi2UVj-4vaV13d96DMaDxtEb2sPRa>
PO Box 866, Lopez Island, WA, 98261 510-520-2423
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>; Facebook page for Vorobik
Botanical Art
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si2GRT3-5b6HR32E_MxSzQe9a0GVFrHAu5HeOQtgGwGtfc-9q-8lZHaV4FJYXPD9rmhjYchp0Ud2Y0xdzf19ukLe9EgKhFFaS33u9INq5QqBkFD9WznhAaiga_x_Z8jCT-7PJ5AH4F7SpZnQ02TD28tk>
Linda's Blog: http://vorobikbotanicalart.blogspot.com/
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si39LBq6Ovhji2XlYCT8DGH2GZdIyozY5uWAuGRTZWzueIgFv7oP8TYX5K0ZWjqGVFZuKO8c6BdqDATDu1tGcnKsd7Fv07eeU5JH31AGYWp4qrAhBvH3tgsDfpIyKdYVkyo=>

www.VorobikBotanicalArt.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si2RMcoGs_ah5CzODcG0WiNzk5_-ANeKJV0Q5o8gnYchc_T0G7sYQSRCWgeb1QyiUjYCDIoI59JN23oPAfZqql-Zwf7T_YCOsCMMbupY5MpGedZ7-vPcvLz14V-2MjlYFsk=>;
represented by Chimera Gallery
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001oOf5MvR0si0XxeGn2EwhIUTLT02CqZnz4qWU6yANvd1T3SKiGSTCVTB-vEFosOdBxwflxUR2gm5J2a1ZbL8gS8y1SxhHyJVPTIuoHZgr9LZML9OsY7wpXzcEiJzuXhuZeWXhF1Gk7-Q=>

Forward this email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=f9xwsujab&m=1109866012485&ea=vorobik%40rockisland.com&a=1114982971856>
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001ovWCSSzfMSDZs9oWM32SFHqI73v2iJWd&t=001JlJ4oqudoZyM6dreP4xcyg%3D%3D&llr=f9xwsujab>
	<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=relig01>

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> |
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001ovWCSSzfMSDZs9oWM32SFHqI73v2iJWd&t=001JlJ4oqudoZyM6dreP4xcyg%3D%3D&llr=f9xwsujab>
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001ovWCSSzfMSDZs9oWM32SFHqI73v2iJWd&t=001JlJ4oqudoZyM6dreP4xcyg%3D%3D&llr=f9xwsujab>^(TM)
| Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.

Vorobik Botanical Art| PO Box 866| Lopez Island| WA| 98261