Keep in mind that large scale displays usually don't need to be more than 150 dpi, if they will be viewed from a few++ feet away. At normal viewing distance, anything more is generally overkill, the difference won't be noted. Certainly it depends on the intended use.

I have a Mircotek i800, with a legal size scan bed (8.5 x14); I'm very happy with it except that when i moved to Mountain Lion, it wasn't compatible and Microtek isn't bothering to make any new drivers for this model (at least so far). So I have to use my old laptop to run the thing, and it's not that old (only a few years). Keep future model support in mind when buying!

Gail

Sent from my iPad