I am the ultimate in lazy. I often sit on the sofa with my laptop supported on a cushion to the side so it's a bit elevated and the screen tilted so it's a good angle. The tablet and pen are on my lap.
i can sit cross-legged or more ladylike ; ), change positions with ease for comfort over long stretches of drawing.

I have one of the medium wacoms - an 8" diagonal; very comfortable to use and store. I've had it a LONG time - my son got it for me for Christmas one year when he saw me struggling with a big pen and ink contract, bless him! - and I love it. I should probably upgrade but it's fine for my needs right now.

Kathy G