And for my .02... I want to try the Chris and Britt thing..

My setup is a crude version similar to theirs: ancient 6 x 8 intuos in front of me, keyboard directly behind it, use keyboard shortcuts like crazy partly because it engages the other hand and its thinking.  Mouse off to the side. I like the monitor pretty far, have computer glasses for that mid distance.

I think I would like the rotate function and changing pen sizes on the newer tablets... Though the keyboard shortcuts work fine too.

Cheers!
Clara