From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Bartrug
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 7:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] OT: need an entomologist

Carolyn, the photo was pirated, not mine.  I changed the color (rather, umm, quickly) in Photoshop.  It was a somewhat subdued red, not a flaming color.  I used this caterpillar (which is the larval form of the moth called the Hebrew due to the black markings on the imago's white wings that appear to be Hebrew characters) because it most resembled the one I was holding in basic structure.

I never saw what it was chomping on, as my grandson found the caterpillar and brought it to me to see.  The animal crawled like most caterpillars, i.e., it didn't loop or move like an inch-worm.  It was about an inch and a half long.

Thanks,