I have had some paints speckle in the past. It was with one of my blues, but I can't tell you which one, and it may have been a bad lot. There was a thread some time ago about paints going bad. For the most part (like 30+ years of using WN watercolors and Arches papers) I have had very few problems. Pretty good record. Don't get me started on scratchboards or inks though.

Gretchen
www.BotanicalTravelTours.com

Gretchen Halpert
Illustrator/educator