I see a lot of direct overprinting of  name on a lot of artwork and photographs in FB. Not just delicate watermarking, but clearly typeset, separate from a signature. This isn't probably for those who want to steal the work and be derivative, but just to trace when it gets posted and reposted a zillion times.

Sites from international organizations don't feel watermarking is appropriate for their sites, but this may change. I don't know. These sites are to attract collectors and buyers, not to trace through the web.

Cheers,
L.
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325